Download SDTS2DEM.exe (Version 0.018: April 29, 2002)
Program notes & Updates:
The translator is also available from http://www.cs.arizona.edu/projects/topovista/sdts2dem/
- now properly translate 10 x 10 meter grids that
encode elevation values as integers. The new version also fixes an
undercount of the number of "missing value" cells, and it skips the
annoying "usually L0" question if xxxxCEL0.DDF exists.
- handles the slightly different format of newly rebuilt files
- handles files with floating-point elevation values
- handles larger grids, specifically 10x10 meter quadrangles
- runs correctly on big-endian architectures (e.g. Sun)
- latest revision date, April 30, 2002
For a brief tutorial and demo of SDTS2DEM, please see the article "Using USGS DEMs in ArcView GIS"
Thanks to Gregg Townsend, Staff Scientist The University of Arizona for sharing this resource with The GeoCommunity.
See also the DEM2XYZN Utility